Scan2Deploy Studio can be downloaded from the Datalogic GitHub site.
Scan2Deploy Studio can be used to stage Datalogic Mobile Computers running Android 8 and above. It is installable on 64-bit Windows 7/8/10 PCs.
- configure the device Wi-Fi network,
- control some device inner system settings (e.g. the lock-screen enabled state),
- download a data archive from a HTTP/HTTPS server and unpack it to the device,
- install/update applications and the system image, and
- run a script (to perform any additional setup).
This document reflects the features and settings available in the latest Scan2Deploy Studio release.
Scan2Deploy Studio requires Scan2Deploy Android agent version 1.11 or higher running on the Android device. All Datalogic devices running Android 9 and above should already have this version. For Android 8 devices, this version can be installed directly from the "Hi There!" setup screen as described here.
For more detail regarding what versions of Scan2Deploy Android agent support what associated Scan2Deploy Studio features, see the full list of Scan2Deploy Android releases.
- Copy the installer file to any convenient location on your PC.
- Launch the installer.
- If User Access Control (UAC) is enabled on your computer, authorize the installer to run. (UAC is enabled by default on all supported Windows operating systems, but it can be disabled by default. If you do not see this prompt, UAC may have been disabled.)
- Follow on-screen prompts to finish installing.
Linux installation is no longer being supported and will not receive any updates past Scan2Deploy Studio 1.7.2
To install Scan2Deploy Studio so it appears in applications launcher use one of the following options:
- Install the Scan2Deploy Studio .snap using snapcraft.
snap install --dangerous <scan2deploy-snap-filename.snap>
- Install the Scan2Deploy Studio .AppImage using AppImageLauncher.
- You can install AppImageLauncher following these instructions
- Install by double clicking the Scan2Deploy Studio AppImage and choosing 'Integrate and run'
- Or, to simply run Scan2Deploy Studio without installing, execute the Scan2Deploy Studio .AppImage
When the Scan2Deploy Studio UI is closed, it continues running in the background and displays a task tray icon on the Windows taskbar.
Right-clicking on the Scan2Deploy Studio icon in the task tray will result in a menu being displayed.
This gives you the option to fully
Exit Scan2Deploy Studio,
Check for update or configure
Check for update
Check for update, to immediately check for a Scan2Deploy Studio update.
Run at startup- If checked (default), Scan2Deploy Studio will start after booting into Windows. If unchecked, it will not do so.
Check for updates on startup- If checked (default), Scan2Deploy Studio will check for updates when it is started. If unchecked, Scan2Deploy Studio will only check for updates when the
Check for updateoption is chosen.
Update channel- Choose if Scan2Deploy Studio should download
Betareleases, or only
Stable- (Default option). Get the latest officially recommended version of Scan2Deploy Studio.
Beta- Get the latest Scan2Deploy Studio features and bug fixes as early as possible. Updates received from this channel are still in the testing process and may contain features that aren't yet publicly documented.
If you choose
Exit, all processes related to Scan2Deploy Studio immediately stop.
Carefully consider whether or not you want to completely stop Scan2Deploy Studio, particularly if you are relying on Scan2Deploy Studio to serve profiles for mobile devices