This document is a guide for installing and using OEMConfig to configure Datalogic devices.
The Datalogic OEMConfig application is available in Managed Google Play. The application is compatible with Datalogic devices running Android 8 and above. The Datalogic OEMConfig application is published to your device by your Enterprise Mobility Solution (EMM) provider through the EMM administrator console. Please refer to your EMM's instructions on how to add and deploy OEMConfig to your devices.
The following links provide more information about Android Enterprise and OEMConfig.
- Datalogic OEMConfig on the Play Store
- Learn more about Managed Google Play Setup
- Learn more about Android Enterprise
- See list of Android Enterprise Recommended EMMs
- Learn more about OEMConfig
Applying Managed Configurations
The managed configuration contains the device settings exposed by OEMConfig. Your EMM administrator console provides an interface to view and make changes to the managed configuration. Once configured, the EMM will publish the customized configuration to the device to be applied by the Datalogic OEMConfig application. Refer to your EMM's instructions on how to edit and send the managed configuration to your devices.
Once the EMM has published the custom configuration, the OEMConfig application will be notified and will automatically begin applying the custom configuration to the device. In most cases, the configuration should be applied in less than one minute.
Updates to the managed configuration and Datalogic OEMConfig app will be uploaded to Managed Google Play. The EMM will sync with the latest version of Datalogic OEMConfig. Therefore, the latest updates and features will always be available for use.
Managed Configuration Restrictions
Each customizable setting in the managed configuration is a restriction type.
The following sections contain:
- A description of each restriction in the managed configuration
- Any dependencies on other restrictions
- Valid value ranges and data types
- The restriction's default value
A brief description of each restriction should also be presented in the EMM administrator console.
- Added Key remapping settings
- Changed default value for keyboard wedge input mode
- Fixed mismatch in restrictions schema for firmware update
- Added Charging profile setting
- Added Location mode setting
- Added NFC configuration setting
- Added Power management settings
- Added Key trigger configuration settings
- Improved Good read audio file selection (split into separate custom and default values)
- Added MSI and Code 128 aggressiveness settings
- Added Code 128 linear quiet zone setting
- Added Scanning illumination type setting
- Added Image capture profile setting
- Added Custom image capture profile setting
- Removed value dependencies, allowing any setting to be configured regardless of another setting's state
- Removed top level bundle arrays from schema
- Unconfigured settings have their default value applied
- Android 8 and above
- Added Notification settings
- Added Good Read settings
- Added Formatting settings
- Added Scanner Options & Multi Scan settings
- Added Wedge settings
- Added Symbology settings
- Added Firmware Update settings
- Initial release in Play Store